|Wednesday, 02 January 2013 17:34|
On February 25-26, 2013, a workshop on the REAKT project will be held in Barbados and Trinidad.
The Seismological Research Center (SRC) of the University of West Indies and the Council of Caribbean Engineering Organizations (CCEO) are the two Caribbean institutions involved with the REAKT project which are organizing the meeting.
Hospitals, Port Authorities, Airport Authorities, Oil Service Companies and other Caribbean agencies/organizations who may (or should) be interested in the project will be invited to attend. The invitation list is still preliminary and includes:
- Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago – TSTT
- Management of Industrial Estates – PLIPDECO et al.
- Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission- TTEC
- BG group
- National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago
- ATLANTIC LGN
- Grantley Adams International Airport
- Barbados Light & Power Company
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
The draft program provides presentations by EUCENTRE , CCEO, and UWI-SRC as listed below:
- Carlo Lai (EUCENTRE) - The broad scope of the ReaKT project;
- Walter Salazar (UWI) – The Seismic Research Center component;
- Tony Gibbs (CCEO) – The Council of Caribbean Engineering Organizations component;
- Luigi Di Sarno (CCEO) – Fragility Curves.
Download the programme